Get global exposure for your typography design
The Type Directors Club has announced the call for entries for the world’s most prestigious typography competitions: the 62nd Annual Type Directors Club Communication Design Competition (TDC62) and the 19th Annual TDC Typeface Design Competition (TDC 2016).
Award-winning submissions will benefit from worldwide exposure via a number of global TDC exhibitions and traveling shows throughout 2016. They’ll also be published in a beautiful hardbound annual, Typography 37, which will be available in bookstores in December 2016.
Enter TDC62 or TDC 2016
The deadline for both competitions is Friday 11 December 2015. All TDC members receive a discount on the fee, and entries can be entered digitally or physically submitted.
This year’s communication design competition is being co-chaired by TDC board member Karl Heine (creativeplacement) and Abby Goldstein (Fordham University). The judges are:
- Darhil Crooks The Atlantic Magazine, New York
- Sagi Haviv Chermayeff, Geismar & Haviv, New York
- Robbin Schiff Penguin Random House, New York
- Jarik van Sluijis PIC Agency, Los Angeles
- Karen Welman PearlFisher, UK
- Forest Young Interbrand, New York
- Julia Zeltser Hyperakt, New York
TDC 2016 is co-chaired by Cara DiEdwardo (The Cooper Union) and Craig Ward (Words are Pictures). The judges are:
- Veronika Burian TypeTogether, Czech Republic
- Stéphane Elbaz Stéphane Elbaz, New York
- Alexander Tochilovsky The Lubalin Center, The Cooper Union, NY
- Petr van Blokland Buro Petr van Blokland + Claudia Mens, Netherlands
- Digital Media
- Exhibits / Architectural and Dimensional Design
- Miscellaneous – Announcements, Invitations, Cards, Menus, etc.
- Movie Titles
- Student Work
- Typeface Design – original, custom, single, family, latin, non-latin etc.
- See more here
The Type Directors Club is an international organisation whose purpose is to support excellence in typography, both in print and on screen.
Through its annual competition and exhibition, and frequent salons and workshops, TDC hopes to celebrate the current stars of the typographic field and educate its future leaders.
Liked this? Read these…
92 West is a branding, digital marketing, web design and advertising agency focused on helping brands discover their true voice and sense of purpose; genuinely inspiring audiences.
92 West | Branding + Strategy + Web Design
Have a project or new idea? Let's Talk.